The Couplamatic trademark has been owned by four different companies. The original
owner was Marks Morrison, he was a B29 pilot during WWII. In 1952 Morrison started
an International Harvester dealership in Lyman, Nebraska.
1958 Morrison first started manufacturing Couplamatic swage fittings.
1959 Patent #3048212 was filed for a swage style crimper.
1966 The company had 32 employees and 50 distributors.
1967 Couplamatic was sold to The Samuel Moore Company.
1967 House of Hose began in Alliance, Nebraska in the old Great Western
Sugar building. It is believed that Marks Morrison had a financial
In House of Hose at this time. Mr. Morrison was a wealthy businessman
In Lyman, Nebraska . He owned The Farmers State Bank and several
Other ventures. He never returned to the industry again.
1978 Samuel Moore sold the Couplamatic Company to Eaton Corporation.
1999 House of Hose, now known as Couplamatic Systems, acquires trademark rights
to Couplamatic from Eaton.