DAYCO HYDRAULIC HISTORY
1948 Risse and Miller Company created for the purpose of selling agricultural
1950’s Ramco Industries formed by Risse and Miller for the purpose of fabricating
hose couplings and hose assemblies.
1965 Ramco purchased additional used equipment to fabricate hose fittings
from American Coupling of Warren, MI. Hose coupling design was similar to the Couplamatic
1969 Dayco purchases Ramco. Swage style fitting is phased out.
1970’s SB, SC and SA style hose couplings replace Ramco style swage couplings.
Dayco purchases Electric Hose & Rubber which owned a hose manufacturing facility
in Nebraska, now owned by Parker.
1980’s BW style coupling designed.
1991 Dayco purchases Anchor Hose and Swan Rubber.
1996 Dayco purchases Imperial-Eastman, products are merged. HU & SB designs
became the HY series couplings.
2001 Parker acquires Dayco Products then sells back specific parts of the
company to Mark IV Automotive which is now the company that has the rights to the
Dayco product name.
Dayco Products now outsources its hydraulic hose and fitting products
to both domestic and overseas manufacturers.