1896 Henry B. Cobb of the Chicago Electric Wire Company created a hose design with longitudinal grooves, patent #587,545A. The company soon after created the Chicago Electric Hose Company in Wilmington, DE.
1900 The name was revised to Electric Hose & Rubber when Adolph Segal of Philadelphia became president. Mr. Segal was a huge business man that had no hose background. C.D. Garretson managed the company in the early 1900’s and then became president.
1916 The Electric Hose & Rubber Company became known throughout the world and was a huge supplier of garden hose.
1960’s The company, by many, has been acknowledged as the first company to manufacture four spiral hose hose. Sae 100r9.
1971 Electric Hose built a hose factory in McCook Nebraska which was purchased by Dayco shortly after. The plant is now owned by Parker. Dayco still owns Electric Hose & Rubber which is located in Ocala, Florida.