Listed below are a few key dates regarding Gates Hydraulic Hose and Fittings. Please
look to the bottom of this page for info we are in need of.
1911 Charles C. Gates starts business
1952 Dealers begin to advertise Gates Hydraulic Hose and reusable
1963 Lok-Pin fittings patented #3,181,900.
1963 Power Crimp 500 Crimper introduced, crimper was similar to Gates 601.
1976 Iola, Kansas plant opened.
1978 Thermo Plastic Hose introduced.
1979 3000 B crimper patented.
1986 Gates purchases Uniroyal.
1988 Omni Crimp patent #4,885,928.
1993 Mega Crimp patent #5,267,758.
Info We Need To Complete This Profile
1. What company besides Jones Enterprises supplied Gates the Power Crimp style couplings?
2. What years were the following crimpers introduced?
3. What was the first year Gates sold Hydraulic fittings?
4. Which plants manufactured Hydraulic hose prior to Iola, Kansas?
5. Which year did the PCS coupling first become available?