MULCONROY

Uni-range Couplings

    The company traces its roots back to the 1880’s. Originally called Latta & Mulconroy, they sold rubber goods in Philadelphia. Howard Goodall, founder of Dixon Valve and Coupling, worked for the company in 1887 at the age of 15.

    

     In 1902 the company changed its name to The Mulconroy Company, and was later purchased by Dixon in 1940.

    

     In 1950 Joseph W. Walsh created a hose coupling that resembled a Couplamatic swage fitting, for 100R1 style hose. The fitting had large holes bored into the ferrule. The concept was that the rubber cover could flow into these port holes to help with fitting retention. This style of coupling was used by hose assembly facilities during the 1950’s and 1960’s.

    

     The fitting existed until 1987 as pictured to your right. The coupling lost favor with the hydraulic industry in the mid 1960’s. The coupling then started to be utilized more as an industrial hose swage fitting.

 

 

 

Home Page
COMPANY BIO'S